Thursday, December 9, 2010

If...

This really spoke to me today so (of course) I wanted to share it with  you. :)


If you never had to pray, How would you know that I am a Deliverer?
If you never had a trial, how could you call yourself an Overcomer?
If you never felt sadness, How would you know that I am a Comforter?
If you never made a mistake, How would you know that I am a Forgiver?
If you never were in trouble, How would you know that I will come to your rescue?
If you never felt pain, then how would you know that I am a Healer?  
If I gave you all things, How would you appreciate them?
If I never corrected you, How would you know that I love you?
If you had all power, Then how would you learn to depend on me?
If your life was perfect, Then what would you need me for?
Love, Jesus
This was sent to me today by a friend and you know, it is sad to say, but as much as I love God with all of my heart, who knows how I would be if I was rich, famous, or powerful. Would I think I needed Him as much as I do now? Would I be as faithful? I would like to think the answer is a definite YES but deep down who knows if I would be as close to my creator. Therefore I thank the good Lord for all He has given me. Even my trials. Because being close to Him brings me HOPE and I would never want that taken away from me.
God gives us HOPE when there seems to be none. ~ Your Friend, Lib

No comments:

Post a Comment