Sunday, December 5, 2010

You Ask?

I have had so many people here lately inbox me and ask me why I like going to church, what exactly is my faith, and how do I know there is a God.  Sometimes there are so many questions that I really don't know how to put it into words. I just really can't explain it because it really is something you have to experience to really understand. Well, I read this poem and it says everything I would ever want to say to someone who asks me why I love and feel like I need Jesus in my life.  I believe that without knowing Him I would have a life without Hope or joy.

You Ask Why I Follow This Jesus?

You ask why I follow this Jesus?
Why I love Him the way I do?
When the world's turned away from His teachings
And the people who serve Him are few.

It's not the rewards that I'm after
Or the gifts that I hope to receive
It's His presence that calls for my commitment
It's His Spirit I trust and believe.

Jesus doesn't shelter His faithful
Or spare them all suffering and pain,
Like everyone else I have burdens,
And have walked through my share of the rain.

But He gives me a plan and a purpose,
And a great joy that I have known,
I never know what comes tomorrow,
But I do know I am never alone.

It's His love that's always there when I need it;
It's His words that comfort and inspire,
It's the longing to ever be with Him,
That burns in my heart life a fire.

So you ask why I love my Lord Jesus?
Well I hope this poem helps you to see,
However, the one thing that still fills me with wonder is;
Why does Jesus love me?

I don't know why He does, but I sure am glad that He does. My Hope is for all of my friends and family to give God a chance in their life. What do you have to lose was always my feelings about it. Some people think they must first be close to perfect and then maybe they can approach God. Boy is that wrong. If that was the case I'd surely be in trouble. He's your creator and He loves you so much....all you have to do is trust in Him and love Him back. I sure am glad I began trusting in God....since then my life has never been the same.

I wish you all a safe and happy upcoming week.

God gives us HOPE when there seems to be none. ~ Your friend, Lib

No comments:

Post a Comment