Thursday, November 4, 2010

Is That a Monster in My Closet?


Do you remember as a child ever waking up in the middle of the night and finding your own room terrifying? I remember times when I did. Unfamiliar shadows and shapes would scare me. My closet door being open would be scary. (What if there was a monster in there!?) We had some very busy patterned 1970's wallpaper in our hallway and many times I would wake up and those patterns would look like a scary person was standing outside my room. lol

And don't you remember when sounds outside your window would freak you out?  It's strange how such a familiar place, your own room, could be great during the day and transformed into a chamber of horrors at night.

The great thing however, is that when morning came the light poured into my room, the shadows disappeared and the once terrifying shapes became familiar again. The monster in my closet was just some of my clothes. The scary person outside my door in the hallway was just some horrific wallpaper (sorry mom :) and the scary clown in the corner was just a mound of dirty laundry.  The sounds (creaks, rumbles, and scratching) were barely even noticed during the day.

The funny thing is, as adults we are many times still scared to death. Maybe we're no longer scared of the dark but we sure can be scared at times of many other things going on in our lives. 

Well, God's Hope is exactly like the light of the morning. It floods into our world, warming and lighting up everything in it's path, chasing away our anxieties, fear, and despair. God gives us comfort and peace.

Hope is a gift God loves to give. He enjoys fulfilling our hopes and even granting us more than we could ever wish for or envision for ourselves. Don't put your hopes into anything of this world for you will always be disappointed. Trust in the One who made you. Once you have done so you will wonder why you tried living so long without Him.

I will end this with one of my personal favorite bible verses since I've become an adult..."For you have been my hope, O LORD, my confidence since my youth." (psalm 71:5)  I love this verse because I have lived it! And when you live it... and feel it... day after day you will know that His Hope is real.

My HOPE is for every one of my friends and family to experience that one day.

God gives us HOPE when there seems to be none. ~ Your friend, Lib

No comments:

Post a Comment