Tuesday, November 2, 2010

1,924 VS 13,778

We all look so forward to the weekends don't we? I know I sure do. There are many Mondays I wake up and literally think...."just make it through the week the best you can Libby...it will be Friday soon."

Now there is nothing wrong with looking forward to the weekends. We all love to be able to relax, be our own boss and do whatever we want to do when we want to do it. We get to socialize and see more of our family and weekends are just nice, that's all there is to it. Well I am 37 years old and if I am fortunate enough to live to be 74, my life is exactly half way over. I have lived 13,778 days and I will have 13,778 days left to live. Seems like a substantial amount. However, I will only have 1,924 more weekends in my life. Well that number kind of shocked me because....THAT IS NOT A LOT OF WEEKENDS!

For the past few months for some reason, I have really been focused on just getting through the week so that I can enjoy my weekend. I used to never be that way. So today I decided that I am not going to keep wishing my life away. None of us are even promised the next hour much less the next weekend.

Now I know this doesn't sound very uplifing for a blog that is supposed to be about Hope but really it is. It is because we all have choices and we can change ourselves at any time. That is the greatest thing about living...we can become the person we want to be if we decide that is what we want to do. Are you living life or just muddling through it? Are you the kind of person you want to be or have you wanted to change? Are you wishing your life away by saying things to yourself like...."when I get the next promotion I'll stop working so much"...."when our kids are out of the house we'll start making time for each other"...."when I retire I will start living the good life"? Well STOP IT!! I sure am going to try. The good life is NOW....TODAY!! Today will never be here again. Today you are the youngest you will ever be. It really is true that Life is not about the destination but life is about the journey itself. Treasure it and enjoy it!

How many days have you lived so far????... and how many do you have left if you are granted a long life??

You can click on this link if you dare to find out :)  http://www.beatcanvas.com/daysalive.asp

My Hope is that we all live a very long life and take everyday and LIVE IT!
(I put a great poem on the Poems tab that goes with this if you care to read it)

"Life is like a coin.  You can spend it any way you wish, but you only spend it once."  ~Lillian Dickson

God gives us HOPE when there seems to be none. ~ Your friend, Lib

No comments:

Post a Comment