Thursday, September 13, 2012

YOU ARE SO LOVED

I know I am the queen of way too long facebook status updates so thought I would share this in my blog tonight instead.

One thing I love to do is to tell people that God LOVES them. Problem is some people have a hard time believing this...they want to but find it too difficult. I know this because the last week or two I have received quite a few texts and IM's saying "Libby, I think it is very heart warming that you say these things but I don't really think that God loves me. If you only knew the things I have done, you would know there is no way God could love somene like me." These messages make my heart so sad because this simply isn't true.

Many of you have children so I will use this analogy. Is there anything your child could ever do to make you hate them? EXACTLY! You may be disappointed but you will always love your child. He tells us this over and over again....

God is disappointed when we act as if we do not need Him. He wants us to need Him but He is not going to make us. However, He does love us so. Allow me to be more blunt than to just say God Loves You ....

Have you or do you use drugs? God loves YOU
Have you had an abortion? God loves YOU
Have you cheated on your spouse, have anger problems, been abusive? God Loves YOU
Are you mean to your children at times? God Loves YOU
Do you steal? God Loves You
Do you worry and not trust? God Loves YOU
Have you questioned God and told Him you hate Him? God Loves YOU
Do you put others down, gossip, or hate yourself? God Loves YOU
Do you come from a family that has made you feel like a nobody? You are somebody. God Loves YOU
Are you an alcoholic, do you cut yourself, have you thought about or tried to commit suicide? God Loves You
Are you a biggot, do you hate others, do you judge others? Well, God LOVES YOU!

I could go on and on and on and on and on.......

Give Him a chance. He is the only one who knows EVERYTHING about you and yet loves you still!! The question He has is will you love Him back? Try to prove Him wrong! You will be pleasantly surprised. Just sayin.

GOD LOVES YOU!!!!!! Crazy ole, sinful, imperfect, YOU!!...and me :)

God Gives us HOPE, when there seems to be none. ~ Lib

Zephaniah 3:17 The LORD your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.

Psalm 86:15 But you, O Lord, are a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness.

Proverbs 8:17 I love those who love me, and those who seek me diligently find me.

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to not harm you but to prosper you, plans to give you HOPE and a future.

Romans 8:39 ....(nothing) shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Matthew 18:12  “What do you think? If a man has a hundred sheep, and one of them goes astray, does he not leave the ninety-nine and go to the mountains to seek the one that is straying?"

John 15:9 Even as the Father has given me his love, so I have given my love to you: be ever in my love.

John 3:16 For God so loved the word that he gave his only begotton son that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_KXsMCJgBQ

1 comment:

  1. Love this!!! This is exactly what I have been trying to train my brain and heart to understand! Exactly what I needed to read! Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete