Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Written by a Festus 7th grade boy

As I posted in one of my Facebook status updates...my daughters communication arts teacher took all of the 7th graders stories and poems and bound them into a book and gave each student one to take home. The writings are amazing and so I thought throughout the next few blogs I would share them with you all. It is amazing how we think that teens don't know a thing but yet they know way more than we let ourselves believe. Yes they are learning and us adults are supposed to be examples for them. However, I think if we really pay attention, that many times they can be an example for us.  Below is a poem from a 7th grade boy at my daughters school. May we learn from him........


HOPE

Hope is found or given.
Much of mine is in the One Who Has Risen.
It keeps a lot of people out of prison.
It gets me out of the bed in the morning
Even when I feel like falling.
When there is no point to life
And your world is filled with strife
And you just want to end it.
Just look around you.
There are people who understand you.
Maybe they went through this stuff too.
They're here today
So there must be another way.
You can find it in the smallest of things.
So remember, look around.
Hope is always there. It just needs to be found.

(We definitely need to listen to our children.)

This poem made me realize once again that people should NEVER give up. Try and find strength and encouragement from people that are around you. They could be going through the same thing. Even if they are only in the 7th grade. YOU ARE NOT ALONE!

God gives us HOPE when there seems to be none. ~ Your friend, Lib


No comments:

Post a Comment